Monday, October 15, 2007

Pardon Me, Do You Have Any CPAP?

Pink and I visited the birthplace of the twinkies to be today to fill out some preliminary paperwork.

Several questions stood out from most of the medicalese.

Nurse: Pink, are you on anything to help you sleep?
Blue, sarcastic: My CPAP.
Pink: No...er...yeah, he's quiet, I sleep.

Blue: If I choose to stay the night, do I need to bring in my CPAP, or do I have to use hospital equipment. I don't want my wife throwing stuff at me to wake me up again.
Nurse: You'll need to bring yours in.

Blue: My wife wanted to know if we can have the twins' footprints put on a t-shirt when they're footprinted when they're born.
Nurse: We use a special ink that only works on medical paper, but you can bring an ink pad in and we'll help you with it. We don't use the black ink anymore because it's so hard to wash off. If you bring in the ink, we've got some baby soap that'll take it off.

Nurse: Was your first a c-section?
Pink : Yes.
Nurse: So you know what you're getting into.
Blue: Yes, I remember my wife's goo spilling on the floor.

Pink: If the girls need to run to the NIC unit, can my husband leave the surgery room and go with them.
Nurse: Absolutely.

Ah yes, ever closer they come.

And as much as we were laughing during our appointment, there's always a small part of me that knows something can go wrong. It's just the way it works. I hate to dwell on the negative, but it's like a knot deep in my stomach.

Let's keep that knot not firm and taught...cause I sure as hell don't want to snap.

I HATE it when I snap. And I got a feeling this would be THE ultimate snap.

No comments: