Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Some Habits to Save Some Green

I browse the web looking for productivity and money saving tips and come across some good sites that make some common sense tips...here's a couple and my take.

Daily breakfast/Coffee - I curse the monopoly game at McDs...it's a vice of mine, as is Egg Mcmuffins. Course, that's 5 bucks a day, 25 bucks a week. Stop that for a couple months and save it and I could buy a Wii. And the coffee at work, not 100% good, but it's free.

Purchasing online music - I'm not a big downloader or purchaser, but once Pink won an i-Pod at her company's picnic, I knew we might be in trouble. Thankfully she lost a hard drive at work and it toasted some of her music files. Use the library, if they don't have the CD, there's a good chance somewhere else in the country will give it up.

Bookstore - again, the library. But I'll admit, I bought three of Ludlum's Bourne books because I'll know I want to reread them. If your not reading a series, use the library to request materials. If you know you want the books to reread or reference purposes, visit a second hand bookstore first, you'll be surprised at what you find.

Golf was in the article, but I want a Wii so I can play golf at home. :)

Vacations are going to be easy for Pink and I. I've got a good feeling we're going to start saving up for Disney world. It's going to be a while before the Pamphlet Clan can go on vacation.

Road Trips - I'm a sucker for a long drive because it gives me time to think, but I've turned it into a little game with gas mileage. I try to keep the RPMs under 2K (unless I'm getting on the highway), and coast as much as possible. Just flip the trip odometer every time you fill up and see how many miles you and squeeze out of a tank.

Can you tell I want a Wii?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What do we have to do to convince our wives to let us get a Wii?

double D