Sunday, July 10, 2005

Working Weekend

And I didn't even get paid. Well, I did, just not monetary.

Spent half of Saturday working on the hitch and wiring. Not to bad, but not fun either. The bummer about being a jack of all trades (and a master of none) is that I can do a lot of things, but that doesn't mean I like doing them. The van work was necessary because it was tons cheaper to order and install than going to somewhere else and having it done. If it was the difference of 50 bucks I wouldn't have given it a second thought, but when you're talkin 200 bucks, then I'll get down and dirty if I have too.

Reunion today, then had a Home Owner's Association meeting this evening. The reunion was nice, got to see some familiar faces, but names...I fell short on. Guess I'll see them in 2 years and do it all over again. HOA meeting was educational to say the least. When the last meeting was 2 years ago, you know some things got to change. Voted in some good candidates to take control, hopefully we'll have a meeting in 2 months or so to talk about how the show is going to run. The good news is that everyone there was motivated to get it done, so that's excellent for the future.

In short, a busy weekend, but not too much time to enjoy it. Next weekend will be prep for vacation, so that'll at least be indoor work. :)

No comments: