Saturday, August 04, 2007

I Hate It When I Buy Nail Polish

...for myself.

But, when you're allergic to metal, and it's metal you have to wear, you do what you gotta do.

Actually, Pink and I think I'm allergic to nickel, but for whatever reason, my skin loves to eat metal. Note that Blue doesn't wear a watch. You got it, the metal plates on the back react with my skin, leaving me irritated and the back of the watch silky smooth. Yup, that engraved "made in anywhere but the US" message on the back get smoothed away by my acidic skin.

The culprit this time is my glasses. The paint is chipping away at the earpiece (no doubt, my acidic ooze probably helped, and I'm getting metal to skin contact.

Pink suggested I headed to Hy-Vee to pick some clear nail polish up. I waited a few minutes and waiting till I got Little Blue in bed, then headed out.

If Hy-Vee is thinking I'm going to spend 5 bucks on clear nail polish...they're crazy.

I went across to CVS and sadly...recognized the brand of nail polish my Mom used. She has carpal tunnel, so in the highlight of my drumming days, guess who she asked to shake up her fingernail polish bottles. Being able to play 32nd notes has it's rewards for the parental unit who has to deal with all the racket.

So I grabbed a bottle of clear nail polish for a buck...and since I'd probably have the brush up my noise when I applied it, Pink took pity on me and applied it to both earpieces, just to be safe.

It worked pretty well during "The Devil Wears Prada" (wasn't too bad, Anne Hathaway is always more attractive to me in the geek phase), but once we came down here in the basement...I think my please-make-it-colder-in-here-always-warm-body may have displaced the bit that was on the earpiece, because it's itching something fierce again.

I might have to go see if there's some sort of old man grip pieces I can add to the ear pieces tomorrow. I really like these glasses!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My own dad has a similar problem. He had a pair a few years ago that actually discolored his hair where they made contact. The hair color?...green. Yep, he had a streak of green hair across the upper part of his side-burns.