Monday, June 18, 2007

How I'm going to fly through 300+ blog posts

Yeah...since I was on vacation last week, I pretty much checked out of the computer world too. I dumped gizmodo which saves me about 50 posts a day, I know I have a ton of blogs and posts to go through.

But, since I migrated to Google Reader and picked up on the keyboard shortcuts, it's going to be a breeze.

I've got my blogs broken down into topics, so I'll pick a topic.

I'll use the "j" and "k" keys to go through the posts. "J" goes forward, "K" goes backword.

Anything I like at first glance or after reading a couple sentences of the article, I'll start it by pressing "s."

Repeat till all the posts have been looked over. Then I view my starred items and decide to use clipmarks or draft my own post in blogger about it. Once I'm done with the article, I then remove the star and I'm good to go.

I tried it out earlier in the week and I got through about 200+ posts, starred, and read in about 40 minutes, with the reading taking up the most amount of time.

Which, that's the way it should be, since you're the one who picks the content that gets delivered to you.

No comments: