Tuesday, April 17, 2007

So a Couple Walks in For a Sonogram

Please, stop me if you've heard this one. ;)

Anyway, Pink and I head in for a sonogram to check on the status of Pamphlet 2.0. I park in the usual spot and try to spot Pink's car. I didn't see it so I head on in. I do the healthy thing and walk up the stairs to the second floor, then pop into the doctor's office.

She's not there either, but I get the "oh look, a guy is here" from the other women in the room. I walk to the desk, "Has Pink Pamphlet checked in yet?"

"Nope, not yet!"

"Excellent!" I say. In my head I say "wins" because it's a little fun thing Pink and I do when we beat each other at something.

I grab a Parents magazine and take a seat and read what's going on. Do you know they have Jedi Summer Camp? Granted, it's done by the Culture House dance studio...but dang.

Anyway, I'm there reading about how to corrupt my 3 year old Yougling, and Pink walks in beaming that I'm already there. She asks which is first, the OBGYN or the sonogram. After a brief talk about paperwork, we head over for the sono.

Pink gets cozy on the table and it's the same nurse that did our sonos with Little Blue. She goos up the sono instrument and checks just for a second.

"Hang on," she says, "I think I see two little ones in there."

"OMG are you kidding me" says Pink in a happy tone.

"No, I wouldn't joke about it if I didn't think I didn't see it," the nurse said.

A couple more seconds of fine tuning and sure enough, Pamphlet 2.0 AND 3.0 are cuddled up in Pink's tummy. Each is only an inch long, but even an idiot like me knows you can't "fake" two chitlins in a sonogram, especially seeing the two heartbeats moving like crazy.

The nurse takes plenty more snapshots for the doctor, confirms that the 2.0 and 3.0 each have a separate sac to develop in, so they won't be beating each other up for nutrients.

It also explains while Pink is having bouts of morning sickness and she's tired all the time. She's cookin two little ones!

So, while we're dancing with happiness and glee (Little Blue "Mommy's got TWO BABIES!"), we're not evening thinking of the "how" part.

Too many question, twice the possibilities.

It's gonna be a fun ride! Let's go!

4 comments:

scott said...

Congratulations, Doctor and Mrs. Pamphlet!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Blue.

edh said...

woot woot! But I think you are wrong-- they are not Pamphlet 2.0. Collectively they are a book! Savor the irony... congrats!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Congratulations! Will you call them Thing 1 and Thing 2? That would be sweet. :-p